says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

29 things for which I am grateful...





So I have been sitting here feeling overwhelmed with the IDEA of 29.
Twenty-nine. TWENTY NINE, alright so I am only turning 29, which is not
that old, and normally I just let birthdays fly by and don't really
even give them a second thought, but I guess because as of October 14th, it will be officially
my last year in my twenties, I just feel like it is catastrophic.
LOVELY.Freakin' Lovely.

Anyhow, I decided that I need to let it go, and channel my energy in a positive way, so, on this chilly and stinkin'
gorgeously overcast day, I bring you my list, of twenty-nine things for
which I am grateful- mind you, they are in no particular order...

1. my beans, M, T and Benji, for making my life chock full of fullness, love, excitement, chaos, among other things.

2. my sweetest hubby who loves me unconditionally, and I do mean that....unconditionally, even though I AM his ulcer.

3. My parents who also love me unconditionally no matter how many times i
hit their cars, bring them sick animals and break thing at their house.

4. Fall. need I say more. I am utterly completely entirely without reservation IN LOVE with fall.

5. The people in my life that truly LOVE my children. and not because they are obligated to. Including but not limited to extended family and such....

6. My home. it is desperately in need
of some completion of projects, but I am so grateful for a roof over
our heads, a cozy fire to sit near, a grubby floor to mop every other
day, and the towering pile of laundry, yup, wouldn't trade any of it,
not for the world.

7. My sister. because I only have one, and
though we have run the gamut of relationship dynamics, I think we have
finally got it, I am loving it, and not gonna let it go.


8. Sleeping under two cozy blankets at night and snuggling up close to my
sweaty hubs, who keeps his arms around me, but his body hanging out of
the blankets because he just cannot hack it.

9. Breastfeeding. Because I am able to nourish this last bean of mine, and watch him thrive...

10. My Girlfriends, because girly time, is just so stinkin' special to me, that I am not sure they even realize how much they mean to me.

11. Being able to be a stay at home mom. Reveling in the fact that though
we struggle a good bit financially, okay, a great bit, that my kiddos
are being raised by me, and that I get to see all their big bright eyes
all day long, and I even get to chill through the meltdowns...

12.The Apple Crisp on the counter with fair trade vanilla ice cream in the
freezer, and marinating balsamic rosemary chicken in the fridge.

13. Crocs. Mine, His, Theirs. I *heart* CROCS.

14. Benji's Eyelashes, and sweet demeanor.

15. T's biggest Brown Eyes, her blankies, and her princess like ways.

16. M's inquisitive nature, and of course his sweet hands...

17. Chocolate. Do I really need to explain this?

18. comments on my blog...no really i mean it. i cherish each and every word...

19. my health...

20. my garden

21. the freedom to go to the gym as often as I am able and trying to fix this body of mine.

22. Starbucks. I know, so lame. BUT I SO HEART STARBUCKS.

23. Sister in laws who remember my b-day and surprise me with big amazing yummy chocolate gooey and delicious cakes.

24. UH, THANKSGIVING, Did you guys really think it wouldn't be on the list. Thanksgiving, thanksgiving, thanksgiving, and everything that goes with it. Especially Pumpkin Bread with chocolate chips. The pre-gluten-free way. Sorry mum!


25. Having a handy hubs, he is able to fix it, hang it, prop it, build it, you name it. and it is always just right.

26. The way my kiddos cherish things, gather them and hoard them in their beds, like little treasures...did I mention that I so heart these kids.

27. Date-night, because even though we don't go out often, I love to reconnect when we have the chance.

28. capturing moments in time, my new camera, though I still need to learn how to download the pics...

29. the fact that I could come up with 29 more things, that I so heart, love and am eternally grateful for...