says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Monday, May 14, 2007

weekend lovlies


happy mama's day to all of you! It was a wonderful weekend filled to the brim with delights...not sure I will even be able to get to it all - so I will summarize.

On sat. a.m the folks picked up the kiddos and headed out for the day...the two big guys anyway, so hubs and our littlest bean had an impromptu date to my most favorite garden store, and he treated me to a truck load of amazing things....fresh tomato plants, so beautiful perennials to plant, some mulch, some herbies....ahhh, it was this mama's delight. Then we spent the afternoon working in the yard, sweating, and making the yard look beautiful...there is so much to be said for getting you hands filthy while making mama earth look oh so fabulous....

That night the kiddos came home, we headed out to the Foleys for some authentic Jamaican Jerk Chicken, some amazing strawberry short cakes and lots of chat...a mama's day tradition with the Foleys - the eve gathering.

Then to mothers day, with was truly a day I will NEVER forget. I was awoken by the biggest bean, with an ear to ear smile, and a "MOMMY - TODAY IS MOTHER'S DAY - SO NOW I AM GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT I MADE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

okay baby, but why don't we just go downstairs and you will show me...

"OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

once we made the mass exodus down the stairs, lil man presented me the most beautiful pin - made by his precious little hands, filled with buttons, and glue and paint and love. He was overflowing with pride and it was perhaps one of the sweetest mama moments I have ever had.

you are a very special boy...

"Well you are a very special mommy."

it's beautiful.

"your beautiful...."

man, does my kid know how to turn on the charm or what???
Anyhow, the rest of the day was filled with picnics, pizza, toasting marshmallows and overtired and fresh air filled kidlets that are filled to the brim with lots of whining today to make up for the weekends most deeelightful behavior....

hope you and yours had a fabulous one too! All my lovins your way,

A

*some shout outs*

B - that park was fab, we will have to take the kids there this week, lots of play space, picnicky spots and more...

Nins - thanks for the mama message, it was super sweet, and you are amaaaazing....made my first Zen basket. You are ingenious I tell yah...

C - thanks for the wishes...you are so sweet to send 'em my way.

D - not sure what to say, I will be in touch.