says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Friday, May 04, 2007

just another day...






hey all,

just a quick post, to fill you in on our daily activities today...we had a whole agenda, that more or less involved spending the day working in the yard, planting some more flowers, picking up sticks, adventurous stuff....uh yeah right.

That was MY agenda, and let me stress MY agenda...because that was so
not how our day went. I got home from myfriday morning me time at Whole Foods with Benji, payed the sitter checked on T, who put herself down for a nap after a mondo meltdown I am told, and sat down to check my email, 1 freakin' e-mail people that's all I was going to do, and WHAM...lil man decides to fill the day chock full of his AGENDA, which, let me tell you, was NOT well planned out. I turned my back to check my e-mail, and my insanely bright, communicative, delightful four year old
decided it would be in his very best interest to put a little metal
marble into his mouth while lying on his back, well people, gravity
took over, and at this point that marble should be passing happily
through some part of his little four year old intestine, and waiting to
make a second appearance in our home. LOVELY.FREAKIN' LOVELY. So, if this wasn't enough, he has a complete panic attack, running around the
house crying, apologizing, running to sit on the potty to tell me it
will come out if he pushes hard now, pacing and shaking his head saying
"oh mommy what should I do," so much so, that while I am on the phone
with the nurse from the Dr.'s office, she is trying to contain herself,
and eventually asks to talk to him, and they have a nice long chat
about how he is going to be just fine, and his marble will eventually
come out when he poos. LOVELY....

He is much calmer now several hours later and even does a little belly shake here and there to see if he can hear said marble rattling around. We had a discussion about why he was so freaked out and alas, my boy was sure he was going to go straight to the hospital for surgery because curious George swallowed a puzzle piece
and he had to get x-rays and see lots of doctors. This of course did not occur to him before he put the damn thing his mouth though. But the toy, all 250 pieces, yes read TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY PIECES, is all packed up to go to my social worker friends school age kids AT school, where they will not EAT it.

Anyhow, day wrapped up with a sweet BBQ at mimi and pa's where he was delighted to be having corn for dinner, because he thinks that will definitely help...smart kid I tell yah...

and the moral.....don't eat marbles.

please send quick passing vibes my way, and hopes that this little marble does
just that, pass right on through with no complications...

I will post soon, so long as I am not holed up staring into the toilet for the next week. LOVELY.