says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

just hanging, healing and harvesting....

hey all, (are there any readers left?? I have been such a delinquent poster, that I imagine not, but hell, I'll fill y'all in anyhow...) feel free to comment guys, though, I love to know your out there and reading!



been a CRAZZZZY few weeks. as I posted last time, I fell and broke my foot, as it just so happens, I also damaged a muscle behind my knee while doing this, urgh, so after being laid up and waited on for a few weeks, I was given a soft cast, which is more or less like a big ole ski boot, and anyone who ski's, knows exactly how comfortable those are to walk around in. BUT, I am not complaining, as I have been able to at least put some weight on my right foot, yup, my RIGHT FOOT. that means NO WHEELS. urgh. So, still no driving, but we are getting there. I have had a tremendous amount of help from, my hubby, my folks, my sis and her bo, and my aunt and grandmother etc. so big props to all of them for putting up with me, who is not at all happy about sitting in the house.



so, we have been crazy busy, the folks surprise 30th anniversary party went of without a hitch, lots of yummy food, some surprised rents freshly back from Italy, and me, sitting on the couch as much as possible, as I had just fallen a day and a half previous. It was amazing that we were able to pull this one off! But it really was wonderful to see everyone.


the rents bash was followed by a wedding shower for my sister in law, at my place, that also went off without a hitch, more yummy food, (I am dying for those chocolate covered blueberries for trader joes....) lots of happy ladies, and some fun gifties.

whew....finally some time to rest. Oh no wait, just kidding, the kids then came down with some fever virus that produced a horrible rash, and a hubby with a migraine that landed him in the ER....TWICE. Nope not joking. Thanks dad for driving us and hanging with us, and mimi for manning the sleeping kiddos.

But enough of the chaos, we really are doing well, and in good spirits to boot.
(no pun intended) we have gotten to spend some good family time together and are enjoying that. I am also starting to be a little more able to take some duties on around the homefront.

My garden however neglected, as it is a long walk (for me) on uneven terrain, is doing beautifully.

Lil' man and I went out today (I BEGGED my hubby to let me) and harvested some fabulous tomatoes, an acorn squash, some cukes, and two peppers. I am thrilled, as I was so excited to spend my summer in the garden and it hasn't exactly worked out as such. My basil is also a happy guy, as are my chives....

Oh, and as a last bit of exciting news, to anybody who has read this far,

a lil' bean will be joining us around valentines day....we are very excited, and are looking forward to more craziness....


hugs to you all, and happy harvesting to my fellow garden groupies....

Al

p.s. nin - did you get your package? just wanna make sure there isn't some yummy soap a la whole foods melting into your porch somewhere....