says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

payback is a five letter word....and it starts with M




holy train-wreckin' over here. My big bean is putting me through the wringer. I know this crazy-ass nor'easterin weather isn't helping anybody, but jeez....
when I was - oh, say 16ish,
I was a total terror. Drove the folks crazy. Talked back, rolled my
eyes about as far into my head as they could go, partied hard, and
thought I was at the top of my game. So much so, that one day, my
father - who remains to this day, one of the calmest, and kindest
people I know, came home from work to my attitude ridden BS, and put his fist through the kitchen wall. Uh, and then I
was terrified, heart racing, adrenaline, all that jazz. I didn't get it
then, but my oh my, I get it now....

My big bean - almost 4 - is into some bad habits. talks back, screams when
he doesn't get what he wants, temper tantrums, and actually took a swat
at his big daddy yesterday...uh hello, hubs is 6''2' big bean....uhm, 3
years old. WHY, WHY, WHY. No fear, of me, the hubs, or anyone else for
that matter. SO we have been spending our time on a rotation....time
out step - time out in your room - blah, blah, blah....NO FUN, and last
night ensued the battle of a lifetime, where bean was only allowed out
of his room to eat his dinner and then go back to bed. He seemed to
finally get it though and was a barrel of "i'm sorry mommy, i'm sorry daddy, i am so mad a me, these eggs are delicious, thank you for making my dinner, i love t-bo....and, and, and" sweetness I tell yah.
So mama's, any tried and true methods for this madness? I am at wit's
end here. We have opted for the time-out go around, but I am not sure
it is working. A neighbor suggested Tabasco
on the tongue for the talking back, but I could never do that to my
children, for several reasons - A. it seems inhumane - b. a bit
abusive, c. my big bean, probably wouldn't have any tastbuds left by the time he was five....
mama's...let me know in the comments....puleasssseeeee.....

on the other hand, life here has been chock full of pj parties, movie days, popcorn snacks and lots of indoor play. where is the sun????????????

the littlest bean is amazing and smiles and coos the day away amidst the chaos...


t-bo is fighting the toddler bed, and insisting
that Benji does not need her crib, so the poor little guy is stuck in
the bassinet until she gives it up....hmmm....poor planning on my part,
must make note, kids closer than two years apart....hmmmm...


anyhow y'all, sending peace and sunshine your way, - send some my way....

Hugs, A