says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

a mama's joy....



it has been a whirlwind of days here, hence the lack of posts...but where oh where to begin.

it
all started on a dark and stormy night...no, just kidding. but
truthfully, life has been crazy, reminding me how special all the
peaceful quiet moments I get to spend with each bean are, like thelil mama and girlie kiss, when I can brush my lips over her soft cheek and she gives a giggle and a "you love me momeeeee" whispered in my ear. Savoring those moments here.

friday was an amazing day, the big guy had an easter
egg hunt with his class, and I was so proud of him. All the kiddos were
running around crazy trying to cram as many sugar filled pastel colored
eggs into their baskets as the could, and my guy was so sweet...he
picked up three eggs, and said with big huge eyes, "look at these eggs
mommy..." he was utterly unconcerned with the madness around him and
the mad dash for candy. When everyone sat down to open their eggs, he
opened each egg like it was the most fragile treasure he had ever seen,
and picked up each jelly bean one at a time, and would ask me if I
would like one. When it was time for cake and juice, he was a please
and thank you-er every time, (as if there is a "time" for cake and
juice, and that they needed any more sugar - ) and being as
quick/politically and socially special as I am at these semi - super
conservative preschool parent gatherings as I am, I referred to the food as "crack for kids" - so smooth...nina
where are you, I soooo wish our kids were in school together so I had you
by my side to" get" these statements, and not to gape at me with huge
unsure eyes...and think - what in the hell is wrong with this girl. I
know you would be right by my side in flip-flops while it is drizzling
with our kiddies who insist on creatively dressing themselves....



regardless, fridays craziness was followed
by the most magnificent event to honor my dad. Pa has officially
retired from his job, and there was a massive party at a fancy-pants
hotel with a couple hundred people who had just the most amazing things
to say about my father. There were laughs and slide shows, and hours of
people who are the biggest fans of my dad, coming over to tell us what
an amazing man he is...not that we needed to be told, we think the
world of him already, but it was still so neat to hear all the
anecdotes and see all the people who cherish him so in his workplace
there to wish him luck in whatever comes next. It is a special guy who
gets referred to as "the reason why so many of these people come to work every day." We were so insanely proud...and still are.

















Though I have yet to come up with the perfect retirement gift, as I feel like
I want to do something special, that doesn't say, okay your old, you can start wearing black socks pulled up with sandals and a fishing hat type gift, as he is so not that guy....any ideas???

anyhow, saturday brought brunch with the Vermontsters and dinner delights at the folks house, sunday a gathering with the fam to say bye to chels, mon. a visit from hubby's half sister and her mom from NJ, and tues. shots for the lil man, and a passover seder at the folks house, that was delightful...

needless
to say, today is being spent all sorts of resetting the kids from the
madness, so alas I am savoring all those little moments...