says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Monday, October 02, 2006

"you are fall..."

hey all....hoping all you out there are doing well, including all you lurkers who have been telling me that you read....welcome! happy fall....


this right here is a box o'heaven...a big old box of macintosh apples on a chilly fall day. AHhhhhhhhhh.

believe it or not, my crew went apple picking AGAIN, that is three times in three weeks, and let me just say, I plan on going once a week til the apples are dunzo. We already have plans to go on thurs. with the lil mans' school field trip...


click on image to enlarge....not that the belly doesn't look plenty big from a distance....


My girls came to visit on saturday, and we had such a lovely time tromping through the most amazing orchard, just about a mile from the home front...miles of apples as far as the eye can see...pumpkins, berries, mums, dried flowers.....fall delights aplenty. It was so nice to spend some quality time, get grounded, re-center, and enjoy the day.

the kidlets had a blast, as they always do when they are free to run and play and explore...




and as i stood in the orchard and stocked up on more apples than my arms could hold, I received the most amazing compliment...Stefania called me fall...

she said, you are like fall, the essence of fall, with your cozy sweater, apples everywhere, and reddish hair, it's so cute, you are like fall.. UHMMMMMM hello, not sure if you realized it girl, but I live for fall, and that in itself, was the ultimate compliment...so thanks for making me smile for days to come!

After orcharding it for a spell, we grabbed some fresh apple cider doughnuts, and some green mountain coffees and headed back to the homefront for some chill time on the front steps while the lil man tore it up in the driveway and T-girl took a snooze. It was a delightful, and totally necessary weekend girly bond session....love you guys both and can't wait to see your smiles again soon!



on all other fronts, things are pretty good, lil man is still battling this head cold, which is producing more nasty dripping than I have seen ever, but hopefully soon it will pass, as he has had it for so stinkin' long...

and last night bry and I had some cook time, together, me buckling down and making some apple cirspin' for the folks house tonight, and the big guy making his bombing chicken veggie noodle goodness soup...yum....cannot wait...

oh, and as today is Oct. 2nd, happy birthday grammie, we miss you.....