says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Saturday, September 22, 2007

season's end



while i am insanely excited that fall has arrived in all it's splendor, i must say, that it occured to me this morning while out tromping around in the garden with T collecting tomatos - our feet soaking wet with dew, that the begining of fall, even though it is my most favorite of times, also signifies the nearing of the END of my garden for the season. No more heading out as dinner time nears to pick a fresh cucumber or 6 for dinner, no more sweet squash or delicious basil to savor with each meal...and no more fresh bruschetta or salsa...or salads...

but I think what saddens me more than anything about that, is that as this summer nears an end, times are changing. Next year M will be headed of to Kindergarten, and I wonder if T will still find as much delight in picking the red tomatos and filling our shirts with them...and Benji my last and littlest bean will be almost 2 next year. I know, I know, its all still a year away, I just cannot beleive how FAST time has been rushing by me....I am desperately trying to capture each moment and hold on, with out holding back...live for today, yet not let it go by to quickly...

yes friends, today i am a little bit sad. today i am wishing these days would last forever...that i could freeze time, and my beans would always love me as much as they do at this very moment in time.