says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Friday, June 08, 2007

the deets....


so folks, i took a much needed bloggy break, time to cherish and love up my kiddies, time to get my garden in order, time to let my head take a break. but alas, i will fill those inquiring minds in...

last week, my aunt came over and took the two biggest beans for a walk....they somehow got turned around, and ended up miles...yes, MILES from our home...my dad and i drove around looking for awhile, thinking perhaps they had decided to play in somebody's yard, or at the school, or the nearby park. no dice.

fearing the worst and hoping for the very best, we called the police....the state troopers responded ASAP and were several minutes from posting an Amber alert and having the search dogs start. They collected the kids clothing for scent, and most recent pics...TERRIFYING.

ANYHOW....in my travels, i had stopped 4 teenage boys that were fishing several miles from my house and asked if they had seen a women walking with 2 small children...they said no, but as i drove away, and they packed up - they spotted them walking in the opposite direction...THANK GOD.

the boys hauled ass after my truck, and caught up to me, at my house with the state troopers, and gave them the locale.

everyone got home safe...rosy cheeks, black fly bites, thirsty and hungry...but safe. and to boot, they got to ride in the fire chiefs suburban, does it get any better than that? the biggest bean sure doesn't think so.


I never thought I would say this, but thank god for teenage boys....these guys anyway. who knows what whould have happened...


hope you and all your lovies are safe, sound, and enjoying the gardening....hugs, A

new veggie photo series coming, as I am chairing a local art show in OCT, and I need to get some stuff up and ready to sell......