says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

school dayz....




well folks, we are home. it was a successful morning, though leaving the house was a bit rocky. Lil man clearly was in a rough mode to start the day, and had an all out fuss fest with me before we actually got to the car, hence, all my preconceived ideas about a bunch of smiley pictures and happy faces on the way to the car were diminished over screaming fits about which backpack we should bring, and why his pjs didn't need to go in the laundry.....
so, when we finally did get out to the car, it was a little bit less climactic than we all thought it would be. The school is just a few miles down the road, yet by the time we reached the school, the home fussies were long since forgotten...




I could not believe my lil man, so big and independent. He was "all set" with holding my hand once we got out of the parking lot, and I actually had to step out of the room, as I got a little bit misty eyed, and I was clearly the only basket-case looking mama in sight, but lucky Bry was there to laugh at me and smile reassuringly that indeed I was the only basket case there snapping pics through my teary eyes...there was a dozen other children, half or more of whom were clinging for dear life to mom, and my lil guy, and girl for that matter who were ready to check us at the door. He just wanted at those kids and toys. I was one proud mama for sure, he walked right over to his teacher and proudly introduced himself and she was just so smitten.

Overall it was a positive experience the little guy got acquainted with all the other little beans and his classroom, and his teacher Mrs. Joy, yup that is really her name...and we got to watch our little man take his first steps out there into the beginnings of his own little world....

After a good-bye and a hug from Mrs. Joy, who is just to kind and sweet for words, he hopped of to grab his back-pack out of his cubby and off we were to hang for the rest of the day.



So, tommarow is a new day, and we will be back to school, and lil man will be on his own to play and learn and explore....I am so thrilled that he has made the transition thus far as smoothly as he has!

In other news here is wedding craziness, as my sister in law is getting married... in two weeks and we have some bachelorette fun and bachelor party madness followed by spa-ing, a rehearsal dinner and wedding delights!

all our love to you and yours, and as of monday a.m, there will be baby updates....

fall cozies and cups of decaf!

Al