says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

on kindergarten














Dear Little Big Man,

I am about to go and wake you up and get you ready for your first big day out there without mum. I am so nervous and excited for you all at once. Kindergarten. WOW. I cannot believe this is even happening. I have so many hopes and dreams for you, and i am so hoping that you love school and that this is a wonderful experience.

I am going to restrain myself today from being the mom that follows the bus waving frantically, and though i will probably shed a few tears today, it is because i am so sad that our home days are over, but it is time for you to go out into the world...and make trouble somewhere else. I hope that all the children are kind, and know always we love you SOOOO much.

I will apologize now for not allowing you to wear you tie today. I know you really want to, but i am afraid that some fifth grader will make you feel like this is uncool , or choke you with it, and i love this quirk about you so much, that you are going to have to trust me when i tell you that they don't wear ties at school. If when you are in 8th grade you still want to wear this tie, i promise i will give you the go ahead.

i love you biggest bean, good luck today.

xo, mom