says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Monday, November 26, 2007

what goes on....more


thanksgiving day - any given time

well, i have been feeling guilty-ish, since thanksgiving is my most favorite time of the year, and i haven't logged on to blog for awhile. I have seen so many of you lovelies in the past week, and had so many sweet compliments on this blog, from people that i didn't think even knew i kept a blog....i am so happy that you are all here, and reading. thanks, it means a lot, and whomever is here, welcome.

There has just been so much going on that i haven't been able to gather my thoughts long enough to process. This past week has brought some of the highest highs that i have known, and some of the lowest lows for peeps that I care so much about. There has been feasting, and loving, and gathering, and welcoming. The days were amazing. 18 of the most wonderful peeps, 5 of the sweetest dogs, and copious amounts of beloved things. The thanksgiving delights were plentiful, the days were full of wonderful treats, the freshest and most organic foods,(doritos and crab meat ball not included in this statement) the most wonderful people in my world all gathered together. It was just as amazing as I had hoped it would be. It always is. I continue to feel thankful. For all the love-fests, all the sweet beans being cared for and loved and treasured. For both wonderful family meals. For opening lines of communication where necessary and for reminding each other what family is all about.

(check out the shirt B)


Overall it was a wonderful long weekend. I won't lie and say I wasn't thrilled when Sunday night arrived though. I am ready for routine for awhile, ready for normalcy, ready for dinner at home and 7:30 bedtimes. Ready for some quiet.

I have loads to do around the homefront, including about 18 loads of laundry, a sink-full of dishes, and a good vacuum if the ENTIRE house...

and I want all you locals to read this disclaimer....

Last night after a CRAZY amount of visiting, loving, and all above mentioned chaos...hubs said he would do the dishes and clean up the kitchen if I bathed and bedtimed all three kidlets. SO, i promptly agreed and got all said children to bed. When I came back down the stairs - it being SUNDAY and all, hubs was situated on the couch watching football, and the amount of dishes looked as though he had maybe popped on over to the neighbors house and offered to take all their dishes over to our place and give 'em a rinse as well.

SOOOO, I casually walked into the living room, and said, "hey hon, are all those dishes already clean?" (read - WHAT THE F*&K ARE YOU DOING?)

hubs response was - "well, I was gonna run the dishwasher (2hours) then finish."

me - okay, well, I can go wake up all the kids, and YOU can put them to bed, and I will do the dishes.

hubs - no really, i will do them - they will be done by the morning

me - okay. (read - BULLSH*T)

So, this a.m, after waking me SIX times to find his keys, I walked into the kitchen in my pjs, and said to hubs, "are these all clean?"

hubs - "no, but just put them in the bed of my truck and I will do them when I get home." followed by the statement - "it took me so long to wake you up to find my keys that i didn't have time to do the dishes."


Seriously. no seriously.