says who

My photo
crazy lovin mama to three tinies - learning about the world through their delighted faces....and trying to remember to always smile through the chaos...

Monday, November 19, 2007

amongst the thanks



not gonna post about the chaos and happiness that is surrounding things right now in our world, or about the upcoming joy that is thanksgiving...today there will be just quiet. our sweet neighbor passed away this week, and we have just been delivered this news by her sweet love of a husband. a little over a month ago she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and ovarian cancer. they had given her 6 months to a year. she did not last nearly that long. i thought we would see her sweet face several more times.

sarala was only 62. i know 62, but ONLY 62. she had a lot of love in her, so much to give, so much to share. everyday that i was out in the sunshine playing with the kiddies she would amble over and chat. she would pick up benji and sing to him and giggle with M and T. the way her name rolls off of there little tongues makes me smile every time. Sarala was from India, and truth be told had such a thick accent that I often wasn't entirely sure what she was telling me, but it always came with a smile and a laugh - and once i became more accustom to her i was far more able to understand her. she was plum terrified of Baxter, which I thought so silly because he is such a harmless dog, but she would wait till i brought him inside to go get her mail or cross the street if we were not outside.
this use to aggravate me...but once i got to know her, it just seemed like a quirk, and we all know i am the queen of quirk. so sorry about that Sarala. I am.

her sweet, sweet husband raju will be all up in my thoughts as the hours, days and weeks pass. her smile and delightful way will grace my memories.

so during this time so chock full of thankfulness, family, and friends, i am thankful for knowing this wonderful woman, thankful that my children adored her as they did, thankful that she was a part of our lives, even if it was only for a short while.

today i will immerse myself in holiday makings, and quiet reflection. well, reflection anyway, because my house is never quiet. there will be no stress of family chaos and gatherings ordeals...just quiet thankfulness, and reminding of what is important, and remembering sweet Sarala.